Written by Aditya Rana |Updated: August 27, 2020 09:01:02 am
Spotlight is a very popular and useful feature in all Apple products. It’s an easy way to launch apps, search the web, perform calculations, and do lots more. It became powerful from iOS 9. It can also search for content from all apps on your device and provides suggestions before you even search.
How to enable/access?
To access the Spotlight feature search interface, go to your iPhone home screen and swipe to the right then we will find the Spotlight search interface to the left of the primary home screen.
Also we can change the spotlight feature settings:
- Firstly Go to Settings > Siri & Search.
- Second Scroll down and select an app.
- Third select Show in Search, Suggest Shortcuts, or Show Siri Suggestions to allow or prevent results and shortcut suggestions from showing up. To turn these features off, you have the option to select Show App. Switch it off to prevent the app from appearing in your search results.
Also, we can search the app store, maps, and web with the help of the spotlight feature and get the best results. We can quickly launch apps with the help of the spotlight search. Spotlight searches can also be customized.
Editors’ pick :
- Floating Mobile Store – Innovative Apple Store – Expected to open in September 2020 at Singapore
- Apple Vs EpicGames: Bottom line of this clash you should know about!
- iPhone 12 to be “Made in India” and Might Actually be Less Expensive than its Predecessor
Working of Spotlight :
Spotlight searches by a variety of sources. It uses Bing and Apple’s own Spotlight suggestions service to provide links to web pages, map locations, and other stuff you might want to see when you search. Content provided by apps on your iPhone can also be searched. We can use Spotlight to search the email, messages, music, or practically anything else. It can also be used to search installed apps on the device, so then we can start typing the app’s name and then launch it without locating that app’s icon somewhere on your home screen.
Spotlight is an awesome feature for apple users and if you are using iPhone then this spotlight feature is really helpful for the iPhone users.