With TikTok banned from creating a big vacuum for 15-second videos on India’s Internet space, Facebook-owned Instagram announced on Wednesday the extension of Instagram Reels testing that allows users to record, edit and share short videos of various clips, in India.
People can record and edit videos from multiple 15-second clips with audio, effects, and new creative tools in Reels.
With Reels, Instagram users can share short videos with their followers on Feed and, if they have a public account, make their reels available to the entire Instagram community through a new space in Explore.
Facebook has been testing Instagram reels in some countries, including Brazil, Germany, and France. The show now comes to India. This is the best time to bring reels to the country, as the government banned TikTok, and demand for a short video platform has skyrocketed.
Currently, Instagram Reels feature is being tested in India, and on the basis of the response will be rolled out to each and every user in the days to come.
With TikTok banned in India, homegrown short video apps such as Roposo, Mitron, Chingari, Sharechat, and others are gaining wide popularity and millions of users every day. Facebook will also use this golden opportunity to attract 200 million TikTok users to Reels.
Reels isn’t a separate app like TikTok but just an option integrated inside the Instagram application. This means millions of Instagram users in India will likely have the opportunity to try the feature.
How to use or create Instagram reels
If you’re wondering how to use Instagram Reel, here is some help …
- To use Instagram Reels you need to update your existing Instagram account.
- Click on the story icon in the upper left corner and you will find the Reels option among the existing ones, including Boomerang, Filters, and more.
- Click Reels and select audio from the Instagram Music library. There is a large collection of songs for users so that they can create interesting reels.
- Like TikTok, in Reels, there is also an option to record the original voice in addition to lip-sync.
- You can effects, set the timer, and speed to edit videos with the available options.
- Once you have created your reel, you can share it with your followers or with everyone on Instagram. Can be shared on Feed with a ‘Reels’ icon like the IGTV icon
- Your reel may be available on Explore for all to see on Instagram.