August 15 – Independence day of India, this day also coincides with the division of the country. On 15 August 1947, Pandit Jawaharlal Nehru, the first Prime Minister of independent India, hoisted the national flag at the Lahori Gate of the Red Fort in New Delhi.
Usually, the day is celebrated with hoisting ceremonies, cultural events, and other competitions. But this year, due to the epidemic, many restrictions have been imposed. Therefore, it is advised that you keep a sense of patriotism from the safety of your home, make sure to follow all the safety guidelines. But don’t forget to wish Independence day to your loved ones on a special occasion.
On the event of the Independence day , Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi visited Rajghat and paid tribute to Mahatma Gandhi. The Prime Minister then left for the Red Fort, where he remembered those who laid down their lives for the independence of India.
PM Modi lauded the patience and resilience of the country’s front-line workers in the fight against Kovid-19, killing thousands of people in the country. He also stressed the need to become self-sufficient.
The thirty-three-year coronation of independence from British rule is being celebrated in a very spectacular way due to the crisis.
More than 1,500 “coronavirus winners” who have overcome the disease are present at the ceremony symbolizing the determination of citizens to fight the epidemic and become winners.
Independence Day 2020: PM Modi quotes from his speech
- The struggle for independence of India became a challenge to the forces of expansionism, while hundreds of years of effort were made by various rulers to eliminate India’s culture and traditions. The idea of expansionism led to the enslavement of many countries, but even in the midst of fierce wars, India did not falter in its freedom struggle.
- Common COVID-19 pandemic, 130 crore Indians pledged to be self-reliant, and b Aatmanirbhar Bharat ‘is on India’s mind. This dream is turning into a pledge. Today Aatmanirbhar Bharat has become a ‘mantra’ for 130 crore Indians. I am confident that India will realize this dream. I have confidence in the abilities, confidence, and competence of my fellow Indians. Once we decide to do something, we do not rest until we have achieved that goal.
- I believe that there are millions of challenges for self-reliant India and they increase when there is global competitiveness. However, if there are millions of challenges, then the country also has the power to give solutions to crores of people, my countrymen who give us the power of solutions.
- The mindset of free India should be ‘assertive’ for the locals. We should appreciate our local products, if we do not do so, we will not get an opportunity to improve our products and will not get encouragement.
- Today, many big companies are turning to India. We have to move forward with the mantra of ‘Make for the World’ with ‘Make in India’.
- Whenever women got the opportunity, they made India proud and made it strong. Today, the nation is determined to provide self-employment and equal employment opportunities to them. Today women are working in coal mines, our daughters are touching the sky, flying a fighter plane.
- This year is a year of a new journey of the development of Jammu and Kashmir. This is a year of rights for women and Dalits in Jammu and Kashmir. It is also a year of life of honor for refugees in Jammu and Kashmir.
- From LOC to LAC, whoever tried to raise eyes towards the sovereignty of our country, our soldiers responded in the same manner. The world saw what our forces could do to protect India’s sovereignty in Ladakh. It is supreme for us to protect our sovereignty.
- Today’s neighbor is not only with whom we share a boundary, but also with whom our heart is connected, where there is harmony in relationships. I am happy that in the recent past, India has further strengthened its relations with all countries in its extended neighborhood.
- Construction of a grand Ram temple in Ayodhya began 10 days ago. The Ramjanmabhoomi issue, which has been going on for centuries, is resolved peacefully. The conduct of the people of the country has been unprecedented and an inspiration for the future.
Happy Independence dayJai Hind